our journey through Europe...

A collection of pictures and words documenting our life in Germany

Sunday, June 19, 2011

Playin' Picture Catch-up

I apologize that it's been a while since the last update! I now have some old (old as in from last week) and new photos to share! Enjoy! The pictures shown here are from the Pottery Road Festival in Höhr-Grenzhausen, Germany on Saturday, June 4.

Some little ceramic froggies hangin' out!




okay so rats are usually ugly but these little guys were so cute!
the hippos were my favorite!

The next photos are from an artist community on top of this mountain. You can only get to their studio by foot. I think there were 4 or 5 artists who had studios in this old warehouse/building.
Sorry this is blurry!
The artist has it made....natural light...and check out the view...
Trees and mountain scenery! So inspiring!!
This form was more than half my size. Still wet and covered with plastic.
This is what the ABOVE form looks like after all the processes. Its some sort of vat maybe? For wine? No idea, and the artist wasn't around to ask.

Back outside the winding streets were FULL of potters and sculptures selling their wares.
Kali found water to play in.
Thought these were so beautiful!

Das kleine Boot und das große Boot!  
This pottery was so big I could probably fit inside some of them.
Eating some sort of Turkish food. All I know is it had spinach, onions and garlic and it tasted deeeeelicious!
There were Raku demonstrations at the pottery museum.
now those are some huge pots!
A couple things we bought at the festival: pretty bowl and a honeypot!
ceramic mushroom #1
ceramic mushroom #2
There I am enjoying salsa out of my new bowl. So hope you enjoyed the pictures. We love and miss you all.  xoxo, Lita  

No comments: